National Elementary Honor SocietyRecognizing Student Achievement and ServiceChapter 1450
NEHS Officers 2018-2019
Vice President, Mira
NEHS Meeting Dates
Wednesday, October 16th 3:00-4:00
Wednesday, November 13th 3:00-4:00
Wednesday, December 11th 3:00-4:00
Wednesday, January 15th 3:00-4:00
Wednesday, February 12th 3:00:4:00
Wednesday, March 25th 3:00-4:30
Friday, April 3rd - NEHS Initiation (at the church) 8:30-10
Wednesday, April 22nd 3:00-5:00
Spring Hours Due (3 Hrs)
*Notifications will be posted on LT if anything changes.
Membership Service Requirements
- Only 1 meeting absence allowed
- Must maintain honor roll status (B’s must be 85 or above) and an E or S for general conduct
- Must complete:
- 3 service hours in the Fall
- 3 service hours in the Spring
- In addition to the service hours, together all NEHS students will complete:
- Winter Project
- Spring Project
Interested in Joining NEHS?
Membership is open to students in grades 4 and 5 that attain Honor Roll status and exhibit the IB Learner Profile Attributes and Attitudes at all times.
Students interested in NEHS membership must have been at Harvard Elementary for at least one semester and attain Honor Roll status and a cumulative average of 85 or above in each subject during each of the two fall 9 week periods from the previous school year. Students must also attain a conduct grade no lower than satisfactory standing during the two 9 week periods being assessed.
Students considered for membership, based on the criteria mentioned above, must also complete a form submission (application) identifying different examples of their responsibility through action. As part of the form submission, students must also have their teacher fill out a recommendation rubric assessing the student's ability to exhibit the IB Learner Profile Attributes and Attitudes.
Students must identify 4 sufficient examples supporting each of the four areas of responsibility mentioned on the application and receive between 40-50 points from their homeroom teacher on the NEHS Learner Profile Rubric. The first 20 students to turn in their application and rubric to the main office, based on the indicators above, will receive an invitation of acceptance.
Students are chosen through an application process based on their outstanding academic achievement, demonstrated personal responsibility and their commitment to provide meaningful service to the school and community while developing essential leadership skills.
- If a student is being considered for membership, the application will be sent out in the Home Communication Folder January 29, 2019. Applications are due as soon as possible.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent out in the Home Communication Folder February 26, 2019.
- The Initiation Ceremony will tentatively take place Thursday, March 28, 2019.