Program OverviewOur magnet program is focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). We are a school-wide program and serve all students in grades Kindergarten through Grade 5. Students receive instruction from specialists on a rotational schedule for 55 minutes in the areas of math & engineering, and environmental science. Our instructional programming engages students in problem-solving and independent critical-thinking while emphasizing laboratory exploration and hands-on activities.
*The School Choice Fair, on April 29, 2023, will be for schools that still have space available.
- Phase One: December 2022 - February 2023
- Phase Two April 2023 - June 2023
Who Should Apply in December?
- Current HISD families that prefer their child to transfer to another HISD school for the 23-24 school year
- Families that will be new to HISD in the 23-24 school year
- Families that are seeking to apply to a specific program that is not available at their child’s current and/or zoned school
- Families with a child in a transitional grade
- Families who want to enroll in their zoned neighborhood school's choice program
- Families that have moved away from their formerly zoned HISD school
- Out-of-district families seeking to attend an HISD school in the 23-24 school year
Who Does Not Need to Apply in December?
- If your child is currently enrolled in an HISD school in a non-transitional grade, and you would like them to continue at that school for the 23-24 school year, you do not need to submit an application.