Coach Ferrell has taught and coached for over twenty years. This is his 2nd year North Forest High School and 2ndyear in Houston ISD. He teaches Foundations of Personal Fitness and is also the head football coach at North Forest HS. He enjoys spending his spare time with his wife and their five children.
Foundations of Physical Education is the foundation course for physical education in Texas. In this class, students will learn how to live a life-long healthy lifestyle.
Materials Required: Students are required to bring to class every day:
- Great Attitude and a desire to learn
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays, students will dress out for exercise activities.
Rough Break Down: Daily Particiipation / Daily Work 50%/ Quizzes and Test 50%
Daily Procedures: A typical day might include any of the following:
- Do Now
- Independent Reading
- Independent Practice: Aerobic Work, Strength Training, Agility, Fitness Gram
- Pencil to Paper: Guided Learning - Notes or Lecture
- Let's Talk: Round Robin, Mix - Pair - Share
- Exit Ticket