SECHS is rated above average in school quality compared to other schools in Texas. Students here are making above average year-over-year academic improvement, have about average college readiness measures, this school has above average results in how well it’s serving disadvantaged students, and students perform above average on state tests.
Students at SECHS are making more academic progress given where they were last year, compared to similar students in the state. Strong progress with high test scores means students have strong academic skills and the school is a doing a better job at supporting academic growth than most other schools.
Our school has earned a 2020 College Success Award based on its success in preparing students for college and ultimately career.
- A Texas Education Agency T-STEM designated Campus for Advanced Technology (SECHATI)
- Best High Schools, Gold Medal Designation, U.S. News and World Report, 2019
- A-rated TEA High School, 2018
- Best High Schools, Silver Medal Designation, U.S. News and World Report, 2018
- Best High Schools, Bronze Medal Designation, U.S. News and World Report, 2017
- America’s Most Challenging High Schools, The Washington Post, 2017
- Houston Business Journal, Best Houston-Area High Schools for College and Career Readiness, 2017