Early College High Schools
Early College High Schools (ECHS) are innovative high schools that allow students least likely to attend college an opportunity to earn a high school diploma and 60 college credit hours. Early College High School’s provide students the opportunity to receive a high school diploma and an Associate degree or up to two years of college credit. Students take a mixture of high school and college classes in order to obtain their high school diploma and Associate's degree.
Early College High Schools benefits:
- Provide dual credit at no cost to students
- Offer rigorous instruction and accelerated courses
- Provide academic and social support services to help students succeed
- Increase college readiness, and
- Reduce barriers to college access.
Click here to search HISD Early Colleges in your area.
Click here to see 2021-22 Designated Early High Schools in Texas State.