Free online high school courses are available to HISD students through HISD Graduation Labs. Students can work on their courses during, before or after school, as well as from home or anywhere with an Internet connection. Tests and finals must be completed in the lab, which is staffed by a Graduation Coach tasked with enrolling students and then monitoring their progress as they complete coursework.
The Grad Lab is ideal for self-motivated students who:
- Might not meet graduation requirements by May
- Are not classified as seniors but who should be graduating in May
- Have failed three or more courses in the previous semester, especially ninth-graders
- Have been retained while in high school
- Are past normal school age
All online course enrollment must be pre-approved by the grade level dean
For more information on this program, speak to Dean Ms. Brooks or School Guidance Counselor Ms. Broussard.