In order to prepare Houston’s students for a world beyond the walls of a classroom, HISD has launched PowerUp, a initiative aimed at transforming teaching and learning. PowerUp is all about creating a personalized learning environment for today’s 21st-century learners and to enable teachers to more effectively facilitate instruction, managed curriculum, collaborate with their peers, and engage today’s digitally wired students.
In January of 2015, South Early High School “Powered UP” for the first time, and the campus is excited about continuing our journey with student laptops.
LAPTOP POLICIES AND EXPECTATIONS
1. A HP x360 laptop will be LOANED to all SECHS students for the 2022-2023 school year. To receive a laptop, students must return three (3) things:
- A signed HISD STUDENT LAPTOP LOAN AGREEMENT (with a parent/guardian signature)
- A signed SOUTH EARLY COLLEGE HS LOAN AGREEMENT (with a parent/guardian signature)
- A proof of payment twenty-five dollar ($25.00) non-refundable security deposit (This year we are accepting payments using SCHOOLPAY )
2. South Early College High School is committed to HISD’s PowerUp initiative, and therefore, expects all students to receive a laptop. South Early College High School students cannot opt out of the PowerUp Initiative.
3. Students must comply with the Student Laptop Loan Agreement and the SECHS Laptop Acceptable Use Policy.
MAJOR NON-NEGOTIALES STUDENT'S LAPTOP EXPECTATIONS
A student must have his/her Laptop to enter class.
- A student must have his/her Laptop in the school-issued case 100% of the time.
- A student must come to school with Laptop fully charged.
- A student must prevent Laptop damage.
- A student must prevent Laptop loss/theft.
**Please read the SECHS Laptop Acceptable Use Policy for more details on the laptop non-negotiable(s).
2022-2023 LAPTOP DEPLOYMENT
To receive a laptop, the student needs to return the laptop and turn in:
- HISD Student Laptop Loan Agreement form (signed by a parent)
- South Early College HS Laptop Agreement (signed by a parent)
- Invoice for $25.00 non-refundable security deposit from SchoolPay.
Laptops will be issued to students on the following days:
- Fresmen: During Summer Bridge August 02-05
- 10th, 11th, 12th starting August 09.
SECHS encourages ALL students to still use their laptops during online classes.
SAVING YOUR FILES
It is important students save their files to a cloud system to ensure all files are backed up securely. During certain repairs, laptops may have to be wiped, and laptops are completely reset for the summer. Students can save files to a flash drive, upload them to One Drive or Google drive. SECHS recommends that ALL students use HISD OneDrive for saving and backing up documents. For instructions on how to save in OneDrive. Click here
If a student loses the laptop, case, strap, and/or charger, he/she will be responsible for paying the cost.
- Power Charger $32.00 (Paid using SchoolPay)
- Laptop Case $38.00 (Paid using SchoolPay)
- Laptop $1,089 (*if a police report has not been previously filed).
This past school year 2020-21 HISD exonerated all payment of lost items, but in the school year 2022-23 students need to pay for their lost items.
- For laptops lost at SECHS, fill out a Lost Report , available in Tech Room 121. Have your dean sign it, and turn it in to the Tech Room.
- For laptops stolen off campus, click here to file an online report with HPD and after that fill out a Lost Report available in Tech Room 121.
If a student lost a laptop or laptop accessory during the 2020-2021 school year and did not pay the lost fee, they will be required to pay it along with their $25 non-refundable deposit. These students will have a financial hold placed on their account. All fees can be paid in cash or money order to the school secretary Ms. Bullock. SECHS has made every effort to contact these students multiple times and if you have a question about your students PowerUp status, feel free to contact Mr. Arauco at 713-732-3623