A Note form the Nurse
Hello Horn Parents,
As we prepare for students to return to campus, please make the school aware if your child has a diagnosed chronic condition that requires medication to be kept on campus, such as asthma, food/life threatening allergies, seizures, or diabetes. Pleaase have your pediatrician complete and sign all the necessary forms. All forms must be updated yearly.
- Physician request for dietary restriction - for students with diagnosed food allergies
- Food Allergy Anaphylaxis Emergency - students who have anaphylactic reactions
- Seizure Action Plan - for students who have seizures
- Asthma Actions Plan - for students with asthma who have an inhaler
- Medication Administration form - for students who require medication to be administered during the school day
*Diabetic students will need to have their physician provide a Diabetes Medical Management Plan (DMMP)
All medication administered at school must have the appropriate form on file with the school nurse. Please do not send medication with your student to self-administer, this includes prescription medication, over the counter medication, and cough drops.
Completed forms and medication can be dropped off with the school nurse beginning August 23rd between 8:00am until 1:00pm Monday - Friday (upon arrival let the front desk know you need to drop off medication and I will come out). Please ensure all medication is in its original packaging and has a pharmacy label. Medication will not be accepted if forms are not completed/updated for the current school year, medication is expired, medication is not in its original packaging, or does not have a pharmacy label attached.
Please see the attached forms and complete the appropriate ones based on your child’s needs. Should you have any questions feel free to contact me.