Students applying for grades Kindergarten trhough 5th grade:
If your child already attends Horn, you do not need to enroll them in the system. Students who are currently attending Horn, and who are zoned to the school will automatically roll over to the next school year.
Parents must complete the online registration process in order for their child to be considered for enrollment.
These are the documents that need to be uploaded into the application.
- Copy of child's birth certificate
- Copy of current proof of residence (electric, gas or water bill / signed apartment lease)
- Copy of parent/guardian picture identification (Ex. driver's license)
- Copy of child's current immunization record
- Copy of last year’s final report card and current year’s latest report card (not required for Kindergarten)
Some applications may require additional documents to be uploaded.
When you click on the link above, select the option that applies to your child, and follow the instructions. If you don’t already have an account, you will need to create one to add your child.
Once you register and log in to the system, follow the instructions to complete the form, and upload all the documents.
An application is considered complete if all fields are completed, all documents are uploaded, and the application is submitted.
A submitted application does not guarantee enrollment at Horn. Once submitted, the school will review the application and documentation for approval. Enrollment of students will be first come, first served, based on space availability.
Students who are not zoned to Horn will not be approved to enroll at Horn.
The school will contact you to confirm enrollment. If you have any questions, please contact Donna Keller at email@example.com, or call us, at (713) 295-5264.
We look forward to seeing you and your child next year at Horn!!
Pre-K Registration for next School Year
All parents wishing to apply for Horn's Pre-K program must apply through the School Choice Application website.
Pre-K students are not zoned to a specific elementary school, because all elementary schools do not have a Pre-K program. Therefore, there is no priority given to zoned students for a specific campus.
Schools will place TEA eligible (non-tuition) applicants prior to placing any TEA non-eligible (tuition) applicants. There will be sibling priority for approximately the top 25% for those who qualify for TEA eligible Pre-K.
Please pay close attention to your school choice ranking selections.
Non-Tuition Pre-K Criteria
To be eligible for enrollment in Horn Elementary non-tuition based prekindergarten program, a child must be 4 years of age on or before September 1st of the enrolling school year, reside within the Horn school zone, and one of the following:
- be unable to speak and comprehend the English language, or
- be economically disadvantaged (defined below), or
- meet any eligibility criteria for Head Start, or
- be homeless, as defined by [42 USC 11434a], or
- currently be or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code, or
- be the child of an active duty member of armed forces or child of an armed forces member injured, killed, or missing in action while on active duty, or
- be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer as defined in Section 3106.002, a firefighter as defined in Section 3106.003, or an emergency medical first responder as defined in Section 3106.004
*If your child is not eligible for the HISD non-tuition based prekindergarten program and you have applied for a prekindergarten program for the next school year, your application will be labeled as “qualified” until AFTER the first day of school. A “qualified” applicant will not be considered until AFTER all eligible students have been offered service and a determination of space availability has been made by the Office of School Choice.
Tuition Pre-K Criteria
To be eligible for enrollment in Horn Elementary tuition-based prekindergarten program, a child must be 4 years of age on or before September 1st of the enrolling school year and reside within the Horn school zone.
For questions, please contact Donna Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org.