ABOUT THE PROGRAMMission
Our basketball program promotes good sportsmanship and teamwork. We work on developing and refining basketball skills at an individual level and as a team. We instill in our players that hard work builds character. We expect our athletes to live by the term “student-athlete” and excel in their classrooms, on the court, and in our POMS community.
POMS Boys' Basketball Tryout Information
POMS Girls' Basketball Tryout Information
- Be sure to sign up on the Sign-Up Genius link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0949abab22abf94-boys
- There will be Sport Physicals on October 6 from 4-6 at POMS in the dance room
- Physicals must be completed and uploaded to Register My Athlete by October 25
- Must have proof of Insurance. Either HISD Insurance which is $35 or upload Waiver with photocopy of Parent Insurance to Register My Athlete (Insurance Card & Parents driver’s license)
- See print out/attachment for Register My Athlete instructions
- Tryouts are from 4pm-6pm October 27th
- BE ON TIME!
- Come Prepared Mentally and Physically
- Go All Out!
- If you have any questions, please contact Coach Astaire Carter.
- Interest Meeting on Microsoft Teams: Tuesday, October 5 at 5:00 p.m.
- Interest Meeting Flyer
- Tryout Dates: Wednesday, October 27 - Friday, October 29
- Time: Doors will open at 6:20 a.m. and tryouts will be 6:30 a.m - 7:45 a.m.
- Please enter in the gate near the football field closest towards the gym doors. (The gate will be open.)
- If you have any questions, please contact Coach Alexis Willis.