Attendance @ Hogg!
If your are absent, please email your child's teacher. Also, email Ms. Ramirez email@example.com, our attendance clerk.
Include the word Attendance and your child's name in the subject line.
Example Subject Line: Attendance, Scout Chance
In the email give the full name of the student, why the student is absent. If it is an excused absence, attach the letter of excuse from the doctor to the email.
Attendance Policy for Virtual Learning
All students whether participating in live classes or recorded classes, must check in with their teacher daily by submitting an assignment on the HUB, emailing with questions or scheduling a meeting with the teacher during tutorial time in order to be counted present for the class. Students are still required to be in class 90% of the time to receive credit for the course. Middle School students who have not logged in or connected with their teachers each day will be marked absent. Time to be determined by district.
• This absence can be resolved if the student engages in daily learning assigned by their teachers via the HUB by 11:59 pm that same day. Parents and students will receive absence notifications via School Messenger after 6:00 pm each day and will be reminded of the opportunity to resolve that day’s absence. Any absences recorded but resolved by the student before _______ (time to be determined by district) on that same day, will be reconciled based on login records of the HUB.
• If a student is engaged in remote learning and completes the entire weeks’ worth of learning activities on Monday and does not log in for the remainder of the week, he/she will be marked “present” on Monday only and counted “absent” for Tuesday-Friday.
Hogg Grading Practices
1. All grades are to be directly linked to student mastery on specific standards.
2. Grades are to be entered in PowerTeacher Pro on a weekly basis and students are to receive one grade per week for single blocked classes and two grades per week for double blocked classes.
3. To ensure consistent grading practice across classes, where two or more teachers are instructing the same course, common assessments are to be taken for a grade and must be the same.
4. For all summative assessments (common assessments, unit tests), any student who scores below an 80 may request to retake the assessment AFTER the skills/content have been retaught by the teacher. The retake is to occur within two weeks of the initial assessment date. The new test grade is to be entered in PowerTeacher Pro in the retake column and will replace the first test grade.
5. For all class assignments and formative assessments, if a student requests an opportunity to make up or redo the assignment or formative assessment, the teacher shall comply as long as the request is made within one week of when the grade was recorded in PowerTeacher Pro. The previous grade is be replaced with up to an 80.
6. Students shall not be given the opportunity to make up or redo homework unless they are absent.
7. Notes are to be entered into PowerTeacher Pro in the Modification blank for any student who receives modified assignments or assessments, including up not limited to extended time, oral administration, and shorted assignments.
Weights are pre-set for all teachers as follows:
Formative Assessments 20%
Summative Assessments 30%
Home Learning 10%