Thank you for your interest in becoming an associate teacher for the Houston Independent School District. As a district, we strive to be the premier source of providing quality associate teachers who are effective leaders in the classroom. As an associate teacher, you play a vital role in students learning given that you will help continue the efficiency of our school’s academics in the event that a teacher is absent. Because we are the largest and the most diverse district in Texas, as an associate teacher, you will have the opportunity to work with students from many different cultural backgrounds and network with principals and teachers. If you have a passion for working with children, we encourage you to apply!
Associate Teacher Expectations
- To be considered for the associate teacher role, an applicant must possess a Bachelor’s degree or have earned at minimum of 60 college hours.
- Hiring is conditional upon passing all stages and completion of training/orientation. Applicants rejected at any stage in the process are ineligible for Associate Teacher employment for the school year for which they are applying for.
- Additional employment expectations will be shared during your Pre-Hire and Orientation session.
- This position does not provide sponsorship.
Upon successful completion of training/orientation, Associate Teachers are subject to additional employment expectations, including but not limited to:
- Actively work a minimum of eight (8) days per month.
- Follow directives of principal or designee. These may include morning, lunch, and dismissal duties. You may also be required to work during the teacher’s planning period.