Steps To Enroll for 2020-2021
Please note: Being that the magnet deadline has passed, we are only enrolling zoned students. Also, the deadline to apply for Pre-K is April 30, 2021 and we will not be able to accept applications after this date.
Step 1 : Verify that your home address is within the Kotler school zone by following this link: https://www.houstonisd.org/_findaschool
Step 2 : Once you have verified that Kolter is your zoned school, please fill out the enrollment packet. The enrollment packet is linked here: Enrollment Packet 21-22
The packet consists of the following items:
- Enrollment Information sheet
- Home Language Survey
- Language Preference Form (Only for grades 1-5)
- Health Inventory Sheet
- Food/ Allergy Information Sheet
- Travel History Questionnaire
- Special Populations Survey
In addition to these forms, you will need to scan the following items:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Complete Immunization Records (Student's name, birth date and doctor should appear on the records)
- Proof of Address: (Home: Electric, Gas or Water Bill) (Apartment: Lease contract)
- Report card (All students enrolling in grades 1-5 must provide the most recent report card.
- Parent or Legal guardian's Driver's License
Step 3 : Email the enrollment packet along with the appropriate documents (birth certificate, immunizations, grades, proof of residency in the school zone and social security card) to: Rashard.Curtley@houstonisd.org.
PLEASE COMPILE DOCUMENTS INTO ONE FILE OR PDF. Individual files take longer to upload.
Tip: You may take a screenshot or clear image of the enrollment packet/ documents if you do not have access to a printer. Scanner apps can also be useful and can be downloaded to your smart device by searching for "Scanner" in your device's app store.
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre el proceso de registro o necesita ayuda en español, póngase en contacto con Gisela Bravo -firstname.lastname@example.org o 713-726-3630.