Steps To Enroll for 2024-2025
Zoned registration opens February 5, 2024 8:30AM-1:00PM
Please note: If you are applying to the Magnet Program, please submit an application HERE on the HISD School Choice website. If you are zoned, please follow the steps below. There is no need to complete an HISD Magnet application if you are zoned and your child is entering K-5. If you are zoned and you are interested in your child enrolling in the Pre-K class, you will need to complete an application on the School Choice website, linked above.
Step 1 : Verify that your home address is within the Kolter school zone by following this link: https://www.houstonisd.org/_findaschool
Step 2 : Once you have verified that Kolter is your zoned school, please fill out the enrollment packet. The enrollment packet is linked below:
Pre-K and Kindergarten Enrollment Packet:
1st-5th Grade Enrollment Packet:
The packet consists of the following items:
- Enrollment Information sheet
- Home Language Survey
- Language Preference Form (Only for grades 1-5)
- Health Inventory Sheet
- Food/ Allergy Information Sheet
- Travel History Questionnaire
- Special Populations Survey
In addition to these forms, you will need to scan the following items:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Complete Immunization Records (Student's name, birth date and doctor should appear on the records)
- Proof of Address: (Home: Electric, Gas or Water Bill) (Apartment: Lease contract)
- Report card (All students enrolling in grades 1-5 must provide the most recent report card.
- Parent or Legal guardian's Driver's License
Step 3 : Bring the enrollment packet along with the appropriate documents (birth certificate, immunizations, grades, proof of residency in the school zone and social security card) to Kolter between 8:30AM-1PM.
Tip: You may take a screenshot or clear image of the enrollment packet/ documents if you do not have access to a printer. Scanner apps can also be useful and can be downloaded to your smart device by searching for "Scanner" in your device's app store.
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre el proceso de registro o necesita ayuda en español, póngase en contacto con Lynda Rosales en Lynda.Rosales@houstonisd.org o 713-726-3630.