Futures Academy enables students to fulfill high school graduation requirements while simultaneously earning valuable industry certifications, college credits, and an Associate of Arts Degree by August after their senior year in high school. Working with Houston Community College and industry partners, the Futures Academy program will provide students the opportunity embark on a rigorous course of study to learn valuable technological skill that upon completion of the program will make them highly sought after by industry as well as academically advanced for those who choose to continue their education.
Our program is specifically tailored to meet the current and future needs of Houston's thriving industries, which include the fields of medicine and construction technology.
Benefits of our program include:
- Courses taught by college professors utilizing a blend of face-to-face and online instruction
- Meaningful and engaging project-based assignments
- An Associate’s Degree earned by August after the senior year of high school
- Valuable industry certifications embedded into the coursework
- Preparation to move directly into the workforce after graduation or on to pursue additional education at a college or university
- Technology-rich college atmosphere
- Industry mentors and internships