(Hablamos español)APPLY FOR 2021 -2022 or 2022 -2023 School Year
Información en español sobre la escuela.
Seleccione aquí para el mensaje de orientación en español para padres y nuevos alumnos.
Middle College High School is an HISD high school and is in partnership with Houston Community College. Our school is perfect for students looking for a non-traditional school schedule, offering support in a safe and collegial environment. Our mission is all students will obtain their high school diploma in a supportive, flexible academic environment, while building habits and skills to help them be successful in any post-secondary academic institution or the workforce.
Students seek a small & collaborative class environment and plan on pursuing a Level 1 Certificate in Marketing & Retail or/and academic college classes. They view education as an opportunity to reach their goals & dreams and are ready to transition into an adult-oriented college environment.
- Houston ISD School in partnership with Houston Community College
- Inside Houston Community College Felix Fraga
- Small Environment - total enrollment 150 students.
- High school diploma
- Individualized learning and support
- Small college-style classes
- Free college classes -
- Level 1 Certificate in Marketing & Retail Dual Credit Program
- Academic Classes
- Accelerated high school classes
- Laptops available to all students - Power Up School - One to One
- Classes to build soft skills and encourage college and career readiness and success.
- School Hours 7:50am to 3:40pm
- Align with HCC college classes
- Students wanting to play sports at their zoned school
- Opportunity for community service hours, clubs, or activities after school.
- After School Tutorials
- Dress Code: Promote dress for success
- We will not have uniforms, but a dress code expectation.
Middle College has three primary populations.
- First, MCHS at Fraga is also for students who are bright and with great potential but needing a small environment because the traditional high school setting is not an effective model.
- Secondly, we seek to support underserved students that have historically limited access to higher education and without additional support may never transition to college.
- Finally, we serve students that are on track to graduate but have a life circumstance that limits their ability to thrive in the traditional high school and an earlier transition to college would be beneficial.
Should you or your student have other questions please contact us.
7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday
Address: 301 N Drennan St, Houston, TX 77003 – Suite 205
Tel phone numbers: 713-228-3408 (office); 281-826-9477 (Text Message)
School Tweeter: @MCHSFraga
Interested in Applying:
1) Complete the application. Available online (https://www.houstonisd.org/Page/160314)
2) Call us for an interview at 713-228-3408.
Submit your completed application with
1) Last report card;
2) Transcript (students entering 10-11 only);
3) Most recent utility bill -light, water, gas or lease;
4) Current immunization records;
5) Birth certificate;
6) Parent’s ID – Governmental ID;
7) If applicable, please provide the following documents: Gifted/Talented, Special Education last ARD/ Individual Education Plan (IEP), 504, and/or ESL/LEP -TELPAS records or any other information.