The purpose of the Tanglewood athletic program is to provide an opportunity for each student athlete to participate and share in a positive environment of spirited competition. The Tanglewood athletic staff’s goal is to instill basic values that build character, self-discipline, and self-esteem as an individual and member of a team.
Athletic Goals & Objectives
The goals and objectives of the Tanglewood athletic staff are to guide each student towards becoming a more effective citizen through the following learning opportunities:
- Cooperation — Understand the concept of teamwork: self-discipline, respect for others, pride, loyalty, trust, and commitment.
- Self-Discipline — Do what you are supposed to do, when you are supposed to do it, to the best of your ability.
- Sportsmanship — Accept any defeat as a true sportsman, knowing we have done our best.
- Improvement — One must establish goals and constantly work towards achieving those goals, improving in the skills and knowledge that enhance the success of the team.
- Success — We do not always win, but we succeed when we continually strive to do our best. One can learn to accept defeat by striving to win with earnest dedication.
- Fitness — Develop desirable personal health habits for a lifetime of fitness.
- Leadership — Develop leadership skills on and off of the field.
All eligible 7th and 8th graders are able to participate in Tanglewood sports. Baseball is offered as a club sport, and available to all students (including 6th graders). For more information about our athletics program, please download our Athletics Handbook by clicking here.
To participate in Tanglewood sports, the following forms must be downloaded, completed and returned to the coaches by the stated deadlines (no exceptions):
- Parent Approval Form
- Health Insurance Waiver Form
- Texas Kids First Insurance (Parent Letter)
- Texas Kids First Insurance (Guide)
- Physical Form
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Form
- Concussion Acknowledgement Form