HOGG HEALTH CENTER
Welcome to the Memorial Hermann Hogg Clinic!
Please see all of our current paperwork below which you will need to have completed to be seen at our clinic.
Forms for your student to keep emergency medication such as an epipen or asthma inhaler are listed below.
These must be filled out completely and returned to the Hogg Middle School nurse.If you have any questions, please email or call the clinic using the contact information provided. Thank you!
Hogg Middle School, Bldg 510
Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Phone: (713) 864-7614
Fax: (713) 864-9004
Colleen Kimball, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
Family Nurse Practitioner and Clinic Manager
Karen Cajina, LVN
Paula Dominguez, LPC
Alexandra Fernandez, RD
Albert Furtado, DDS
Clinic Policies and GuidelinesEmergencies:Should your child have a medical emergency you will be contacted immediately. Therefore it is very important to keep the school nurse informed of changes in phone numbers, emergency contacts and health issues.
Medication:All required forms can be obtained through the school nurse or in the list provided here. School district policy prohibits the school nurse or school personnel from administering any medication, whether prescription or over-the-counter, without a doctor's order, signature, and parent/guardian signature on the official HISD medication form. The form must be renewed each school year. All medication (including over-the-counter) must be in a pharmacy labeled container. This policy is without exception. Students may not be in possession of any medication at school, including over-the-counter medication. An exception to this policy is for an asthma inhaler or Epi-pen, and then only when the proper HISD form is on file with the school nurse. All students who take medication at lunch time should come to the clinic at the start or the end of the lunch period, to avoid missing instructional time. Students who take medication are expected to come to the clinic without being called.
Medical Clinic Services
Dental - By referral only
Services students who are uninsured only
LCSW - By referral only
Patients can be referred for the following:
- ADHD Evaluation
- Behavior/Self Discipline
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Mental Health Counseling
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Psychosocial Assessments
- Teacher/Family Consultation
Dietitian - By referral only
Patients can be referred for nutrition counseling and education for any of the following reasons:
- Dyslipidemias: hypertriglyceridemia, hyperlipidemia, mixed hyperlipidemia
- Abnormal fasting glucose
- Abnormal weight gain
- Abnormal weight loss
- Chronic/unresolved abdominal pains
- Diabetes and Pre-diabetes
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Picky eater
- Sports nutrition upon patient or parent request
- Parent requesting general nutrition counseling
Navigator - By referral only
Patients can be referred for the following reason:
- Helping individuals, families, groups and communities develop their capacity and access to resources, including health insurance, food, housing, quality care and health information.
- Facilitating communication and client empowerment in interactions with health care/ social services systems
- Helping health care and social services systems become culturally relevant and responsive to their service population
- Helping to build understanding and social capital to support healthier behaviors and lifestyle choices
- Delivering health information using culturally appropriate terms and concepts
- Linking people to healthcare/social services resources
- Providing informal counseling, support and follow-up
- Advocating for local health needs
- Making home visits to chronically ill patients
- Translating and interpreting for clients and health care/social service providers