Hogg Support Team! Here to Help You!
Stephanie Moreno - Wraparound Resource SpecialistI graduated from the University of Houston Clearlake in 2018. I love my family, my furbabies, BBQ, cold weather and traveling on weekends!I am excited to be part of the team and help our students and parents come together with the community to provide the resources, so our students can succeed and parents can have hope.My primary goals are to
- assess and resolve those issues that could hinder the student’s academic success and social growth, in a timely and culturally sensitive manner;
- connect all students, parents, and teachers to non-academic support to address critical issues; and
- bring services and partners geared towards empowering parents, caregivers, and the entire community.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at the school if you need resources and/or assistance.
- Rental Assistance
- Homeless Assistance
- School Supplies
- Immigration Services
- Mental Health/Counseling Referrals
Ms. Hernandez - Communities & Schools Student Support ManagerHi! My name is Ms. Hernandez. I am the new Student Support Manager with Communities in Schools of Houston. My role is to work with students and families to remove barriers to success in school and in life. This is my first year at Hogg, but I attended Hogg back when I was in middle school myself. I love coffee, spending time with family, traveling, and my favorite color is purple.
Reach out to me if your child.....
Please don't hesitate to call me at the school M-F 7:30 AM -3:30 PM or email me at email@example.com.In order to receive services, parents can send an email with information about their child's needs. They will receive a link to complete a consent form online.Thanks,Olga Hernandez
- needs extra practice with skills like reading writing & math.
- needs help developing study skills.
- has an academic or non-academic goal they would like to accomplish.
- could use extra confidence.
- struggles to make friends in their peer group.
- need assistance applying to HISD High Schools.
- could use extra support due to a major life change such as divorce, new sibling, moving).
Ms. J - School CounselorHello Razorbacks, I am your proud School Counselor! I look forward to continuing to serve the Hogg Community, and getting to know all of you. I am here to help you navigate through your middle school years and prepare you for a bright future ahead. Please reach out to me if you are needing:-Help with forming healthy friendships-Conflict resolution-Balancing schoolwork, family, and friends-Are feeling sad, angry, hurt, or confused-Need assistance communicating your needs to others-Problems at home-Problems at schoolIf you are not sure, please feel free to reach out to me, and I can connect you with someone who can help. We are stronger together! Have a great year Hogg Razorbacks! firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Roman - Student Support SpecialistHello, I am Ms. Roman and my job is to ensure students receive any additional instructional supports they may need. I oversee the Language Acquisition department, and I also monitor the language development progress of the English Learners and the last cohort of Dual Language students.Hablo español, así que si tiene dudas y prefieren comunicarse conmigo en ese idioma con gusto puedo ayudarles.Please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns email@example.com.
Nurse Mariam Rabiu - School Nurse
Hello! My name is Mariam Rabiu (Raa-bee-you), and I am the school nurse at James Hogg Middle School. I am excited to be here! My goal is to promote a safe and healthy environment where students can become lifelong learners and advocates for their health and education. As a school nurse, I will:
- Assess and evaluate overall student health, create a plan of action
- Plan action for elimination, minimization, or acceptance of health problems
- Provide information and referral for health/emotional concerns
- Provide selected health services for staff
- Provide assessment, triage, and care of sick and injured students and staff
- Observe school facilities and recommend modifications to maintain optimum health and safety of students and staff
- Administer medications
- Perform vision, hearing, and spinal screenings FYI for a healthy school year
- Monitor immunization compliance
- Follow-up concerns regarding student and community health
- Provide education on a variety of health topics to students, families, and staff.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org