Good Evening Razorbacks,
Thank you for an amazing first day of school! We need your help to keep everyone safe and on time. Please review the following procedures and information below:
Morning Arrival: ALL students should be dropped off in the front of the school. 6th graders will enter through the front entrance on Merrill Street. 7th and 8th graders will walk around the building and enter through the mall area on Oak Ridge.
- Drop-off is from 8:00am-8:25am.
- Traffic will flow from east to west on Merrill Street during morning drop-off.
- All traffic will then turn left onto Norhill after dropping off on Merrill Street.
- Oak Ridge will be blocked for HISD buses to drop off students.
- Pineridge will be blocked for the staff to enter the parking lot.
Parents, please be aware of the no parking signs around campus. Please do not park and get out of your car. If your child walks to school, please encourage them to use the crosswalks.
After School Dismissal: Bus riders will report to the cafeteria and wait for their bus number to be called. All other students will be dismissed by floors and escorted to the front of the school.
- Pick-up is from 4:00pm-4:15pm.
- Traffic will flow from east to west on Merrill Street during after-school pick-up.
- All traffic will then turn left onto Norhill after picking up on Merrill Street.
- Oak Ridge will be blocked for HISD buses to pick up students.
- Pineridge will be blocked for the staff to exit the parking lot.
Lunch: Students will eat lunch in the cafeteria, mall area and gym. Today students were able to choose where they want to sit at lunch on Red Days. Seating charts for the next three weeks were created based on their choices. We will use this same process tomorrow to create seating charts for White Days. Once we have ensured every student has a place inside to eat lunch, students will be allowed to eat outside.
Schedules: Schedule request forms will be available starting tomorrow in each grade level Assistant Principal’s office. Students must complete the form and get a parent signature before turning it into their Assistant Principal.
Thank you for your attention to these matters. I know it is going to be a great school year!