Breakfast and Lunch Information
BreakfastStudents can eat breakfast in the classroom, from 7:20 to 7:40. They will pick up the breakfast items on their way to their classroom. Breakfast is free to all students.
Students have their lunch periods for 30 minutes. Students may bring their own lunch from home. School lunch will have a fee this school year, depending on the eligibility of each student. Students who qualify for free/reduced price services will automatically receive a Direct Certification Notification Letter from the Nutrition Services Department to the address on file for School Year 2022 - 2023. If the student qualifies using the parent/guardian’s income, they must complete the Socioeconomic Form, which will be available at the beginning of the school year.
If your child brings a lunch from home, please remember these tips:
- Pack lunches with drinks and snacks that are nutritious and easy to open ( so that little hands can open themselves)
- Have your child practice using their lunch box and thermos before the first day of school.
- Don't forget to pack utensils, straws and napkins.
- Limit candy and sweets, as that is usually what a child will eat first.
- Juice boxes are O.K., but please don't send canned soft drinks.
- Do not send glass containers,
Families in need of meal assistance should submit a Student Assistance Form to HISD’s Wraparound Services Department.
For an updated daily breakfast and lunch menu, click here.For more information about student meals and any nutrition inquiries, visit the Nutrition Services Department.