HISD School Lunches
lunch periods & LUNCH DELIVERIES
- Students may use the restrooms by the cafeteria before or during lunch.
- Students may not use the restrooms in the academic hallways during their lunch period.
- Students must report directly to their class after lunch.
- Items made of glass (ex. glass bottles) are prohibited on campus.
- Students and/or parents are not allowed to bring food for other students per HISD policy. This includes birthday cakes, cupcakes, cookies, etc.
- A separate table will be provided for students who wish to eat lunch with their parents.
- Microwaves are available in the cafeteria for students to use.
- Due to the limited time for lunch, students should come to school with their lunch or plan on purchasing a lunch each day. It is the student’s responsibility to stop by the Main Office to pick up any lunch that is delivered by a parent/guardian.
- We do not accept lunch deliveries from outside companies for students. Deliveries made to Pershing for a student will not be accepted and the driver will be turned away. Additionally, if any student makes an attempt to leave the building to retrieve a delivery, they will be issued disciplinary consequences.