Cell Phones and Electronic Devices
Students will not be allowed to use a cell phone during school hours, including:
- In class.
- During office assistant or teaching assistant periods.
- In transit to another location within the building, such as leaving the classroom to use the restroom, or to visit the Assistant Principal.
- Who expect to receive a text/call from their parent during class time.
- Who are in transit to the gym.
Students may choose to bring his/her cell phone to school to be used before school or after school. However, cell phones are to remain out of sight from 8:20 – 3:50 each day. This includes headphones and Air Pods.
CONSEQUENCES FOR CELL PHONE & ELECTRONIC DEVISE VIOLATIONS
If a student violates any of the policy state above, the phone or other electronic device will be confiscated by any staff member present and the student will face disciplinary action.
- If a device is confiscated:
- Students and/or parents must pay a $15 fine to the Assistant Principal Clerk (before school, during lunch or after school). Pershing only accepts cash and correct change.
- If a student refuses to surrender a cell phone or electronic device, a minimum of one day of ISS will be assigned in addition to the consequence above.