The JFA dress code is established to ensure the health and safety of everyone on campus and to avoid any disruptions to the learning environment. The dress code includes, but is not limited to, the acceptable daily dress of students enrolled at JFA. The appropriateness of dress code items NOT expressly included or addressed in this document will be determined by the principal or his designee(s) on a case by case basis. This dress code is a working document and is subject at any time to change as deemed appropriate or necessary by the principal with input from the Site Based Decision-Making Committee (SDMC).
- Black and gray polo style with a JFA logo
- JFA spirit t-shirts
- T-shirts worn under uniforms may be white, black, and/or gray.
- Approved school club/team shirts are acceptable.
- Uniform shirts may not be altered, cut, frayed or refashioned in any way.
- Uniform shirts must cover the entire midriff area and may not expose chest area or cleavage.
- Shirts may not be excessively large
- Pants, skirts, capri pants must be solid khaki, black or blue denim and/or slacks.
- Jeggings/Leggings may NOT be worn in the place of appropriate pants.
- Pants, skirts, and shorts must be worn at the natural waist and be of proper length.
- All pants, skirts and shorts must fit properly and not be exceedingly loose or baggy.
- Skirt hemlines must be no shorter than three inches above the knee. Leggings may be worn under skirts but appropriate skirt length must still be observed.
- Oversized, undersized or torn pants, skirts or shorts may not be worn.
- Stripes, embroidery, patterns, logos, fray, holes, rips, distressed, acid wash, bleached are not permitted.
- Nylon, fleece or athletic wear of any kind may not be worn.
Business Casual Wear (Juniors/Seniors)
- Official scrubs
- Trousers, slacks, knee-length skirt.
- Polo, long or short sleeve button down shirt.
- Solid colors or small print.
- Sweaters, vest
- Close-toed shoes
- No jeans; no tight-fit clothing
- Only rubber soled shoes
- Shoes with rollers or wheels are not permitted.
- Students may not wear backless shoes, clogs, house shoes, sandals, flip flops, or aqua socks.
- Any shoe deemed dangerous, inappropriate or distracting by the administration will not be allowed.
- A variety of hair coloring and styles is acceptable, provided they do not disrupt the learning environment.
- Hair rollers, metal rakes, combs and other hair accessories deemed dangerous by the administration are not allowed.
- Hair cuts/styles depicting gang signs, symbols, profanity, pornography or any other inappropriate message or lettering are not allowed.
- Hats, caps, bandanas, hoods, ski caps, etc. may not be worn during the school day. Hats may be confiscated by administration for repeated violations and will only be returned to a parent or guardian.
- Jewelry may be worn as long as it is not deemed inappropriate, dangerous or disruptive to the learning environment. This includes large dangle earrings, heavy bracelets/necklaces, spiked accessories, dog collars, choker chains, wallet chains and any other similar items. This rule also applies to jewelry depicting the occult, gang affiliation, death, suicide, violence, weapons, drugs, sex, race, gender, profanity, obscenities, alcohol, etc. or any other image as deemed inappropriate by the administration.
- Mouth grills will not be allowed.
- Expensive or irreplaceable jewelry should not be worn to school. In laboratory settings, teachers may prohibit the wearing of dangling or protruding articles or accessories. Jones Futures Academy will not be responsible for jewelry items that are lost or stolen—all jewelry articles worn to school are at the student’s/parent’s risk.
- Belts and/or belt buckles may be any color except solid red or blue and must fit properly with no hanging ends. Belts/belt buckles may not display any profane or vulgar images or those depicting the occult, gang affiliation, death, suicide, violence, weapons, drugs, sex, race, gender, profanity, obscenities, alcohol, etc. or other images as deemed inappropriate by the administration.
- Oversized purses, bags, duffle, etc. will not be allowed. Any bag larger than a standard back pack will be considered oversized. Bags may be any color or combination of colors except solid red or blue and must not have any images depicting the occult, gang affiliation, death, suicide, violence, weapons, drugs, sex, race, gender, profanity, obscenities, alcohol, etc. or other images as deemed inappropriate by the administration.
- Sunglasses, oversized glasses, or any other eye wear that is not medically necessary are not allowed and will be considered disruptive to the educational process.
- Students must wear JFA IDs while in the building.
- Sweatshirts, windbreakers, hooded sweatshirts and jackets may be worn inside the building and classrooms.
- Sweatshirts, windbreakers, hooded sweatshirts and jackets may be any color or combination of colors, but may NOT be solid red or blue.
- Sweatshirts, windbreakers, hooded sweatshirts and jackets must fit appropriately and may not have any images depicting the occult, gang affiliation, death, suicide, violence, weapons, drugs, sex, race, gender, profanity, obscenities, alcohol, etc. or other images as deemed inappropriate by the administration.
- Athletic wear such as sweat pants, jogging suits, running pants/shorts etc. are not allowed, regardless of weather conditions.
JFA administration reserves the right to evaluate all dress code articles on a case by case basis and make determinations based on the safety and best interest of all educational stakeholders.
Students violating the dress code will be asked to call a parent or guardian to bring appropriate clothing. If students are unable to comply with the dress code policy, the student will be referred to an administrator for disciplinary action determined by the administrator.