Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica
We focus on studying and appreciating the culture of the various Spanish speaking countries. We try foods from other cultures, take dance lessons, view foreign films, participate in community service activities, etc. Joining this society will demonstrate your commitment to learning about culture and helping others.
• A copy of your transcript with 3.0 or above overall GPA
• Be a sophomore, junior, or senior
• A copy of your schedule for next year if available
• 3.0 credits of Spanish (Pre-AP Spanish,AP Spanish, Spanish Lit.)
*** Transcripts can be obtained in the registrar’s office in E 221.
*** Seniors: Honor Cord will be awarded ONLY if you have a 3.5 GPA by January of your senior year and have participated in all the activities and fulfilled your community service hours, no exceptions.
• Attend all meetings: you are only allowed to miss one per semester
• Wear your SHS shirt at every meeting and activities except Fiesta Hispana
• Community Service activities with SHS (15 hours per semester)
Sponsor: Ms. J. Reyna: Janett.Reyna@houstonisd.org