National Honor Society
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, the National Honor Society looks upon education as a product measured by four standards:
The objectives of the National Honor Society are to create an enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote worthy leadership, and to encourage the development of character in all students at Chavez High School. Membership in this society is a great honor, not a right.
• New NHS members must have a weighted GPA of at least 4.00 to be inducted into the organization
• Existing members must maintain a semester GPA of at least 3.0
• Members must complete at least 15 service hours each semester to remain in good standing
• In order to receive a graduation stole, members must complete at least 50 service hours annually
(50 hours for each year of membership).
• In order to receive a graduation cord, members must complete at least 25 service hours annually
(25 hours for each year of membership).
Sponsor: Ms. Catherine Revill-Johnson: email@example.com