Welcome to our Social & Emotional Learning Department.We are your SEL Team and we are here to support your social and emotional well being in and out of the classroom. We know that these unprecedented times make it difficult for us to connect in person, however, we have developed this page to keep us connected while providing as much support as possible.♥You are resillient and together we will get through this. Covid-19 may temporarily have us working from home, and not being able to see and connect with you in our building, but it will not stop us from being an email away. We would love to hear from you, please feel free to send us a quick note and we will respond to you shortly.Stay safe and healthy!Sincerely,Chavez SEL Team
Social & Emotional Department
Here are numbers for 24 Hour Crisis Hotlines and Support:
▪ National Crisis Textline - Text “HOME” to 741741
▪ National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1.800.273.8255
▪ Gulf Coast Center 24 Hour Crisis: 866.729.3848 https://gulfcoastcenter.org/
▪ NAMI Gulf Coast Helpline -800-950-6264 https://namigulfcoast.org/
▪ National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1.800.799.7233
▪ Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration's -SAMHSA’s National Helpline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
▪ Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD Mental Health Support Services: 713.970.7000
▪ Child Protective Services Child Abuse Hotline: 1.800.252.5400 ▪ The Trevor Project LGBTQ+ Hotline: 1.866.488.7386
▪ Crisis Intervention of Houston (CIH) Mental Health Support Services: 832.416.1177 or 832.416.1199 (Teen)
▪ Alcoholics Anonymous Support Groups: 713.942.4100
▪ Houston Area Women's Center Domestic Violence/ Sexual Abuse Hotline: 713.528.2121
▪ HFD Non-Emergent Line: 713.884.3131
▪ HCSO Non-Emergent Line: 713.221.6000
To report Child abuse or neglect: DFPS
By Phone: 1-800-252-5400
COVID-19 Houston Resource Pack:
Mental Health Resources:
- Meditation and Healing: "Instant Relief From Anxiety & Stress" Peaceful Meditation Music, Deep Relaxing & Healing Music
- Soothing Relaxation: Relaxing Sleep Music: Deep Sleeping Music, Relaxing Music, Stress Relief, Meditation Music ★68
- Free Apps on Phone:
HeadSpace, Calm, Centered, Breathe, and many more.
- Professional Development on Self-Care: The Dibble Institue is offering a free Mind Matters Online Series. The Mind Matters curriculum helps youth develop skills and coping mechanisms to overcome anxiety and build resilience. From The Dibble Institue - https://www.dibbleinstitute.org.
- Mental Health Resource: Maintaining Positive Mental Health During COVID-19 Outbreak from Mental Health America of Greater Houston - https://mhahouston.org.
- Houston Children’s Charity Resources:
One pager that TMO is circulating on these issues: https://www.dropbox.com/s/di5s09jp7yak8wy/One%20Page%20Coronavirus%20Resources.pdf?dl=0
TMO list of resources: https://www.tmohouston.org/covid19_resources
From HISD Counseling Department
If you have any parents that are essential employees(nurses, truck drivers, doctors, city of Houston, etc..) please share the link below with them. Collaborative for Children and Workforce Solutions, in partnership with the City of Houston, Harris County and other community partners, will match them with high-quality child care that best suits their family's needs. And, they can apply for financial assistance to offset child care expenses from Workforce Solutions. Other counties are included like Brazoria, Alvin, Galveston, Liberty, etc.