SUPPLY EXPERTISE – STRENGTHEN POTENTIAL – SHAPE THE FUTURE
We in Career Readiness look to you, the business, industry, and community experts, to advise us on current industry trends so we can offer students the most up-to-date, relevant career preparation possible. Use the resources here to find out how you can shape the workforce of the future.
- Strengthen the academic and professional capacity of your future workforce
- Improve community knowledge about your business
- Increase marketing and advertising opportunities
- Increase your presence in the community
- Network with other businesses
- Increase company recognition
- Enhance goodwill
WHAT IS A PARTNERSHIP?
A business partnership with Houston ISD is a mutually supportive relationship between a business and the school district in which the partners commit themselves to specific goals and activities intended to benefit students,
schools, and the regional workforce.
HOW TO PARTNER?
- Evaluate Student Work (Authentic Assessment)
- Offer a Project Related Internship
- Host Student Internships
- Provide Teacher Externship
- Offer a Virtual Apprenticeship
- Provide Service Learning
- Offer Job Shadowing
- Invite a class to a Company Tour/Field Trip/Visit
- Champion /Advocate for the School or Program
- Coach Teachers
- Give Industry Input on Curriculum
- Provide Project Ideas
- Be a program or school Advisory Board Member
- Be a Guest Speaker