The purpose of Title I, part A is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments. A school is eligible to receive Title I, Part A funds when the percentage of low-income children residing within a school's attendance area is equal to or greater than the average district-wide percentage.
Please find the following documents below:
- School-Parent Compact
- Campus Parent & Family Engagement Policy
- District Parent & Family Engagement Policy (English)
- District Parent & Family Engagement Policy (Spanish)
- Schedule of Parent Meetings
- Title I Program Status Notification (Parent Notification)
- Title I Teacher and Paraprofessional Qualifications (Parent Notification)
- Explanation of HISD Curriculum (Parent Notification)
- Explanation of HISD Curriculum (Parent Notification) Spanish
- Explanation and Description of Assessments (Parent Notification)
- Explanation and Description of Assessments (Parent Notification) Spanish
- Federal Report Card
- 2019-20 Executive Summary from the SIP(English)
- 2019-20 Executive Summary from the SIP(Spanish)
- Title I Part A Program Annual Meeting Fall 2020 - English and Spanish
Explanation of Curriculum
To view a description of the TEKS online, visit: http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index2.aspx?id=6148.
Explanation of Assessments
To view a description of the Explanation of Assessments, click here for English or Spanish. To find out more about the STAAR study guides and released tests, visit the Texas Education Agency’s Web site at www.tea.state.tx.us/student.assessment.Report Card InformationReport Cards for the state as a whole, all school districts and charter schools, and all campuses are also available on the Texas Education Agency’s web site atReport Card Notificationhttps://tea.texas.gov/texas-schools/accountability/academic-accountability/performance-reporting/school-report-cardsIf you have further questions or comments, please contact the Title I Coordinator, Ann Mayfield at 713-556-5250 during school hours, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.