Application Window Opens: Saturday, September 17, 2021
- Review your student’s interest and needs to look for alignment with specific Magnet programs or Program Choice transfer options.
- Use the information and links at www.ChooseHISD.com
- Consider how you will rank your choices. Families can select up to 10 school programs, with a maximum of 5 magnet programs.
- Visit selected programs virtually on School Choice/Magnet Thursdays.
Visit www.ChooseHISD.com to apply online.
- If you have used the system before, please use your previous account.
- Paper applications are available online, at any school, or from the Office of School Choice (Online applications provide more options for tracking and staying up to date).
- Make sure to sign and submit your applications.
- For elementary and middle school Magnet programs, only Vanguard applications may require documentation. All Program Choice Transfer applications will require documentation.
- Please be on the lookout for emails or phone calls related to your application.
- By midnight on January 28, 2022, notification of acceptance for Phase 1 K- 12 applicants. Status will be viewable online, and letters will be sent to all parents via USPS mail. (Please be sure to check your SPAM folder for any misdirected notifications.)
- By midnight on March 31, 2021, notification of TEA Eligible Pre-K 4 Phase 1 acceptance for Phase 1 applicants. Status will be viewable online and via email.
- If your student has been offered a seat in a program, you have two weeks to provide proof of residence and sign an entrance agreement.
- If your K-12 student was not offered a seat on January 28, 2022, but has been placed on a wait list, stay alert for changes in application status (current HISD students can reapply through March 10, 2022). You may be able to submit additional applications to programs with more room.
- K-12 Waitlist will retire on March 31, 2022 and no further movement on the lottery list will occur.
HELPFUL WEBSITES FOR MORE INFORMATION