The Houston Independent School District (HISD) Board of Education established and approved the campus-level planning and decision-making process in 1992. This process includes the creation and maintenance of a Shared Decision-Making Committee (SDMC) at each school to review the district's educational goals, objectives, and major district wide classroom instructional programs.
The SDMC was authorized to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Implement all pertinent campus-level planning processes;
- Develop recommendations for the school budget;
- Submit recommendations for the school curriculum;
- Recommend changes in the school's staffing patterns;
- Develop and approve the campus staff development plans;
- Develop, review, and revise the School Improvement Plan (SIP) for the purpose of improving student performance for all student populations (after principal approval of the SIP, the SDMC presents the plan to staff for approval);
- Review and make recommendations regarding the school's organizational structure, and
- Establish procedures to periodically obtain broad-based community, parent, and staff input.
|Last Name||First Name||Title|
|Montre||Johnson||MJOHNS29@houstonisd.org||Special Education Representative|
August 24, 2021
September 28, 2021
November 16, 2021
April 7, 2022
June 1, 2022
The time and location for the meetings are below.
Time: 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: MS TEAMS/Hamilton Middle School