How to PowerUp (get HISD Student Laptop)
Students are eligible to receive a laptop to use for the year by completing the following items:STEP 1: Print & Sign Laptop AgreementPrint the LAST page of the HISD Laptop Agreement and both the student AND parent/guardian must sign using a black or dark blue ink pen. No digital signatures will be accepted. Bring your signed form to your appointment.Parents/guardians & students must ensure they have read and understood the Acceptable Use Policy for Electronic Services for Students and Digital Footprints & Digital Citizenship.
Download HERE (click on the word "here")
Make an appointment to pick up your laptop AND sit for the mandatory laptop orientation. Plan to spend 1.5 hours completing this task. The orientation alone is approximately one hour for freshmen and 30 minutes for all other grades. The orientation is NOT optional and students who leave campus with a laptop and did not attend orientation will have their laptops reset until they have completed the orientation. LINKS WILL BE ACTIVE LATE JULY/EARLY AUGUST
Space is limited for each time slot. Absolutely no walk-in! Students must have signed up for an appointment before coming to school.
- Aug 21-22: Freshmen
- Aug 23-25: All other grades
- The link is available to DeBakey students using their HISD credentials only.
- Freshmen are not allowed to attend Aug 23-25 as orientation is different.
- Students unable to pick up their laptops during early distribution will have an opportunity to check one and complete the orientation when school is in session.
- Aug 30-Sept 5: Late pickup for all grades
Pick up the laptop and complete laptop orientation on the same day (during laptop deployment). Students are advised to bring a paper copy of their Laptop Agreement form and their school-issued picture ID.
Students arriving more than 30 minutes late will be bumped to the next available time slot.