PTO's ROLE AT HAMILTON MIDDLE SCHOOL
Hamilton has an amazing group of teachers and administrative staff who work hard to make this school a wonderful, rich environment for everyone. To help support the many excellent programs and initiatives that make Hamilton MS a top HISD middle school, the PTO provides leadership, volunteer opportunities, information and financial support.
WHY SHOULD I GET INVOLVED?
Being an active and involved parent in middle school is challenging for many reasons, but the benefits outweigh these challenges. While middle school students are searching and finding new ways to express themselves, new identities, and gaining independence from parents, it still holds true that being an involved parent at your child's middle school increases the potential for greater academic success for your child.
Volunteering, lending financial support, or becoming a member of the Executive Board--all of these activities demonstrate your commitment to your child's academic life, and your child recognizes your commitment.
HOW CAN I BENEFIT?
The Hamilton PTO provides opportunities to meet and to talk with other parents who have the same goals, aspirations and concerns as you. Being part of the PTO results in parental support and makes school involvement easier for everyone. The PTO provides the opportunity to serve, to volunteer, and to contribute to the welfare of all children, because children represent our future.
PTO GOALS: 2015-2016
$40,000 in Fundraising
$4,000 Teacher Grants
$3,000 Teacher Appreciation
Events: Fall Dance, "Spring Thing" Festival, Buildings & Grounds Workday, and other Programs
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
(Opportunities will be advertised through the Hamilton PTO Newsletter. Sign up HERE.)
1) Become a member of the Hamilton PTO. Annual dues for joining the PTO are $5.00 per person. Complete this Membership Form. Place in an envelope along with cash or check made payable to the Hamilton PTO and 1) send with your child to hand over to his/her homeroom teacher or 2) drop it off in the PTO drop box in the main reception area.
2) Volunteer your time: Contribute your time to help with events (Freaky Friday; Spring Thing): the more "hands on deck" the more successful results
3) Teacher Appreciation Events: deliver a dish or dessert
4) Sponsorship: Contribute financially to PTO events and programs (your donations are tax deductible based on current IRS tax laws)
5) Share Your Resources: Does your company support local schools? Do you have a special connection that would be a "perfect fit" for our initiatives?
SIGN UP FOR PTO NEWSLETTER & ANNOUNCEMENTS: Scan QR Code