Communication Application Goals:
- To increase self-confidence through frequent and successful speaking and to help students realize the normalcy of their nervousness.
- To develop and improve their delivery skills through frequent practice, positive feedback, and their own observations of what works and doesn’t work as their classmates speak.
- To acquire excellent organizational and preparation skills through researching, planning and outlining speeches.
- To develop an appreciation for teamwork through the various group activities.
- To encourage greater awareness of, and progress, in listening skills by the constant emphasis on the crucial role of the listeners in any speaking situation.