At Hamilton MS, learning is designed for "beyond the classroom." Hamilton has demonstrated and is respected for its dedication to providing students experiences outside the classroom to develop and nurture a community viewpoint.
Learning is all about the experiences in which we are involved.
"Beyond the Classroom" Initiatives at Hamilton MS:
- Hamilton Family Nights for Science, Math, Social Studies and Language Arts
- Hamilton Family Movie Nights "Under the Stars" at Hamilton's Outdoor Theater
- Spring Thing
- Spring and Winter Program Showcasing Hamilton Fine Arts, Clubs, and Organizations
- Eighth Grade Magnet High School Application In-service
- Civic Engagement with local Senior residences and Rice University's "Coalition on Hunger & Homelessness"; March of Dimes
- Outreach to regional Elementary Schools (volunteering at their school events)
- TPSP Expo
- Career Day
- Magnet High School Tour
Hamilton Students are exposed to a variety of affiliations to supplement their classroom experience.
Past & Present Affiliations:
· Academic Compeitions · National Junior Honor Society · Advanced Visual Arts · Odyssey of the Mind· American Legion Award · One-Act Plays · Daughters of the American Revolution Award · PEER Leadership· Duke University Talent Search · Robotics · Foreign Language Competition · Scientific Research & Field Studies · Future Problem Solving · Spelling Bee · Geography Bee · Stage Design & Lighting · Habitats for Hamilton· State History Fair · International Field Trips · TPSP Expo · Math Counts · UIL competitions · Math Olympiad · Veterans of Foreign Wars Award