Class of 2027 (Incoming Freshmen Students)
The course selection process will be entirely online.
Below are the steps for the Course Selection Process:
- May 2, 2023 - course selection video released (please watch the video in its entirety).
- May 15, 2023 – course selection Google Form opens (begin selecting courses).
- Please use the current 8th grade report card and the final 7th grade report card. The counselors will use the final 8th grade report cards to place students in the appropriate courses.
- Class of 2027 Course Selection Google Form
- May 31, 2023 at 3pm – course selection form closes.
If you have any questions after watching the course selection video, please email or call your student’s counselor and allow a 24-48 hour response, as this is an extremely busy time for our counselors.
Course Selection is underway!
Course Selection opens Monday April 10 and will close May 8, 2023 at 3pm
Students must be logged in with their HISD Google Accounts to access the course selection links.
Please read the following information carefully
- Students are encouraged to ask questions prior to submitting the course selection
- The course selection PowerPoints along with course descriptions will be emailed to students
- Students and parents need to fill out the form together or have a conversation about potential courses
- Please review selections before submitting the form
- Students will receive a confirmation email from Google forms once submitted
- Students need to contact their counselor if they do not receive a confirmation email
- No editing or changes will be allowed after course selection is submitted
- Students will be given the first 10 days of the fall semester to request schedule changes
- After 10 days, students will remain in the course until the end of the semester