REGISTRAR’S OFFICEPhone: 713-556-5224 Fax: 713-556-5269REGISTRATION/TRANSFERS
The Registrar’s Office is located in A116. During the school year, the office is open for new student registration from 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. and 12:30 - 2:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. We do, however, close during testing and holidays. In addition, there are special registration times offered at the beginning of each semester and over the summer (click here). For questions, please check the school calendar or contact the Registrar’s Office at 713-556-5224.SCHOOL ATTENDANCE ZONES
Most schools have specifically defined attendance zones that include residential areas that each school serves. On the basis of a student's home address, HISD assigns each student to a "feeder pattern" composed of a specific elementary, middle, and high school. To determine which schools serve your residence, use the online "School Zone Search Tool" or call the Student Transfer Department at 713-556-6734 or the HISD Information Center at 713-556-6005.If a Westside student wants to transfer to another HISD school, the child’s parent or guardian must complete the Application for Student Transfer and deliver it to Mary Hansen in L101.If a student wishes to withdraw from Westside, he or she should contact the attendance office (A119) or call 713-556-5226.NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION – REQUIRED DOCUMENTSIn order to enroll at Westside High School, a student MUST:
- Be zoned to Westside High School OR must have an approved transfer to Westside High School.
- Have a parent or legal guardian (as appointed by the courts) accompany the student. Legal documents must be provided in situations involving divorce and/or legal guardianship. Parents will be asked to provide a valid Driver’s License, Military ID, Passport, or State ID.
Please bring the appropriate packet (English, Spanish) filled out along with the originals and one set of copies of the required documents. The following original documents and are required by the State of Texas and HISD and must be presented at the time of enrollment:
1. Proof of Address of parent or court appointed guardian.
- If living in a house: the most recent electric, gas or water bill which shows both the service address and the billing address.
- If living in an apartment: a current lease naming the parent/guardian as resident.
2. Proof of Student’s Age Identity.
- Birth Certificate, Hospital Birth Records or Passport. Social Security card if available.
3. Immunization/Vaccination Record – students cannot enroll or attend school if their immunizations are not up to date.
- The following immunizations are required: Click here for 18-19 Texas Requirements
4. School Records
- Final report card with promotion status from this past school year is required of incoming 9th graders.
- If the student will be a 10th-12th grader, a copy of an unofficial transcript is necessary.
- If the unofficial transcript is not available at registration, the student will be placed into 9th grade until the transcript can be produced.
- Special Education papers/ARD records if applicable.
- If registering during the school year, withdrawal papers and withdrawal grades from previous school are required.
- Students from other countries must provide school records from each year of secondary school beginning with year 8. These records must be translated and will be reviewed by TEA’s Federal & State Records Dept. before the student is allowed to enroll.
Although you may have submitted some of the above documents with applications to other school programs, you must have the above required documents with you or you will not be allowed to register. It is not the obligation of the school administration to obtain these documents for you.
Gladys Salinas, Registrar's Assistant713-556-5269