Westside High School is required to maintain accurate records of all fundraising activity. Aside from the financial record keeping, this protocol also allows us to avoid duplication and minimize the number in progress at one time which would dilute your efforts.
All fundraisers require prior approval; please adhere to the following procedure that applies to your fundraiser.
I. WHS Student Activity Fund
- All fundraisers that involve student participation must run funds through the WHS Activity Fund. This section also applies to parent-run fundraisers not handled by the PTO, ABC or MBC (see II below).
- When planning your fundraising activities for the year, please remember that students may only participate in two fundraisers per organization per school year. The maximum duration of any fundraiser is two weeks.
- If you are selling any item other than food please remember to figure sales tax into the price charged for the item being sold. Sales tax will be taken out of the money turned in to Ms. Kleis at the time it is receipted and will be deducted from the amount put into the activity account.
- All bills for fundraisers should come to Ms. Kleis for payment from the activity account that is doing the fundraiser. Profits will be determined after all bills have been paid pertaining to that fundraiser.
- Form AF-104 must accompany collection of funds.
- Only food items that are pre-ordered and delivered at a time when they will not be consumed on campus will be approved. (Examples would be cookie dough or pies baked to order.)
- Submit the WHS Fundraiser Approval Form and HISD Permission Form AF-108 at least two weeks prior to the commencement of your event. You will receive a copy of the WHS form once approved. The HISD form is required by the district and provides documentation to code the deposits and disbursements to the proper student activity account.
II. PTO, ABC and Music Boosters
- Parent-run fundraisers not involving student participation may alternatively be handled by the WHS Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO), Athletic Booster Club (ABC) or Music Boosters if eligible.
- All deposits and disbursements related to the fundraising event will be handled by that organization’s Treasurer. The organization’s guidelines related to handling proceeds apply.
- Only food items that are pre-ordered and delivered at a time when they will not be consumed on campus will be approved.
- Submit the WHS Fundraiser Approval Form at least two weeks prior to the commencement of your event. You will receive a copy of the WHS form once approved.
Forms are available from, and should be returned to, Ms. Tran in room A140. Once approved, the event is recorded, Form AF-108 (if applicable) is initialed and given to Ms. Kleis and a copy of the Fundraiser Information Form is returned to the sponsor, coach, director or organization president.
After your event has been approved, you may publicize the fundraiser during morning announcements, on our bulletin boards in the Commons, in the weekly news and/or on our website. If you need a facility reservation, please complete the required form.