2018–2019 Title I, Part A Parent and Family Engagement Survey
Due Date: May 17, 2019
Principals, SSOs, Area Superintendents
Research and Accountability
According to P.L. 114-95, Section 1116(a)(2)(D), school districts are required to conduct an annual survey to evaluate parent and family engagement efforts related to Title I funding. The purpose of this survey is to obtain parents', guardians', and adult family members' perceptions about how well schools are involving them in the educational activities related to their children. To complete this effort, we need your assistance to print, distribute, and collect the 2018–2019 Title I, Part A Parent and Family Engagement Survey.
Attached to this memo is the 2018–2019 Title I, Part A Parent and Family Engagement Survey. This document contains a three-page survey translated in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese, along with a Summary Collection Form. This survey should be completed by the parent or guardian of students attending your school. In addition, there is a cover letter to parents and guardians to accompany the survey.
Please have your designated staff (e.g., Title I campus contact person) complete the following tasks:
- Print a master copy of the survey in each language needed for your school or use the Print on Demand option offered by HISD Printing Services.
- To select the Print on Demand option, please contact Printing Services at email@example.com (preferred) or 713-556-6041. Please include in your request the full One Source budget codes and the numbers of copies to be made when you contact the department.
- Print the Summary Collection Form.
- Count the number of surveys issued on your campus and record this number on the Summary Collection Form.
- Administer this survey at your discretion that best suits your school and community calendar. Examples of distribution methods include, but are not limited to parent/teacher meetings, open house, PTA/PTO meetings, or weekly homework folder parental communications/updates. If you have a more efficient way of completing this task, please do so.
- Have parents and guardians record their responses and return the surveys to you by Friday, May 17, 2019. Parents and guardians also have the option of completing the survey online instead of using the printed copy.
- Once completed, collect and count the hard copy surveys and record the total collected on the Summary Collection Form.
- All (completed) documents must be hand delivered to your Title I Grant Administrator by Monday, May 20, 2019 at the Hattie Mae White Educational Service Center between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Please do not submit hard copy surveys through inter-office mail nor by scanning documents.
Thank you for your cooperation.