OUR VISIONAlthough wins and losses are typical indicators of success, they should never be the cornerstones of the program. Our athletic program vision focuses on developing the well-rounded athletes. We emphasize the value of the experience, involvement, sportsmanship, community service, and educational process. Our program develops student character while striving to offer an opportunity for every student athlete to participate in some form or fashion.
Athletics is a privilege and not a right. Our student athletes will be held to higher standards and will be held accountable for meeting or exceeding them; it's not just about talent and performance. As we push our athletes to develop character in addition to physical skills, the wins and losses will take care of themselves! “Go Generals!”
ATHLETICS GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Go to UIL’s website, RegisterMyAthlete and register your child. All of HISD athletic forms are now linked to the UIL website. It is important that you complete this prior to September 8 th . All forms must be completed. There is a parent’s section to do this registration.
2. A Sports Physical Examination MUST be completed prior to starting practice. Sport physical examinations can be given through the Baylor Teen Clinic located on our campus for FREE.
*If you have never visited Baylor Teen Clinic you will need to submit a consent form. Forms can be picked up at the teen clinic.
Please view the Parent Training Instructions Slide and fill out the Physical Evaluation Form
All athletes must be insured to participate in any athletic activity! HISD offers Student Accident/Athletic Insurance at a reduced cost of $35.00 per athlete, per school year. You must make one of three choices with regard to student insurance:
- You have insurance and waive HISD insurance; complete your insurance information and check “HISD Waiver” box on the Medial Information Form. You must turn in a copy of your insurance card and fill out a waiver and return it to your coach;
- You have insurance and want HISD insurance to act as secondary coverage; pay $35, complete your insurance information and check the “School Insurance” box; or
- You do not have insurance; pay $35 and check the “School Insurance” box.
If you are purchasing HISD insurance, please include cash, check, or money order (payable to Wisdom High School Athletics) with your packet forms.
* If you elect to waive HISD insurance, please ask your head coach for a waiver form. This is required by HISD and must be notarized.
Baseball, football, track, swimming, tennis, golf, volleyball, and soccer are only a few of the programs offered to students in grades 7-12 at 24 HISD high schools and 43 middle schools. The primary goal for student athletes is to enhance their physical growth and development, as well as build life-long relationships. For more information on HISD athletics programs and facilities, please see HISD Athletics.