Wisdom High School Dress Code requires neat, clean, and appropriate dress and grooming. Students should be dressed in such a manner that their appearance in the school contributes to the learning process rather than interrupts the learning process. The dress code policy is always in effect while on campus or while attending any HISD/WHS sponsored events. Appropriateness of dress shall be assessed by the administration.
- All students must wear school identification worn at all times on a lanyard around the neck.
- Polo style Wisdom High School shirt; each student will receive a T-shirt from the school and will be expected to purchase more as needed.
- The Polo shirt colors are as follows:
- Class of 2023 - Gold (primary color) and Burgundy (secondary color)
- Class of 2024, 2025 and 2026 - Gray (primary color) and Forest Green (secondary color)
- No other top is permitted to be worn by students while on the campus.
- Skirts/shorts must extend to the knees.
- “Jeggings,” leggings, tights, or yoga pants are not permitted.
- Jeans with rips, tears, or holes are not permitted. Tights or leggings underneath do not compensate for the holes.
- Graphics/photos on clothing/backpacks must not allude to violence, gangs, sex, drugs, alcohol, or other lawlessness; the same applies to jewelry and other types of accessories.
- Slippers, pajama pants, or blankets may not be worn at school. Neither stuffed animals nor pillows are to be carried.
- Over-sized, baggy clothing is not acceptable. Boys' undergarments and/or basketball shorts should not be visible when worn under jeans or shorts. No “sagging.” Pants must be worn at the waist.
- Tank tops or sleeveless shirts are unacceptable.Undergarments, including bra straps, should not be visible. Cleavage should not be visible.
- Chains hanging from jeans are not acceptable.
- If dress/accessories fit(s) the profile of gang affiliation, administration reserves authority to disallow it.
- NOTE: Any activity or display of gang affiliation will result in disciplinary action up to and including referral to a DAEP (Discipline Alternative Education Program), as well as referral to the appropriate legal authority.
- No headwear may be worn.
- This includes but is not limited to baseball caps, bandanas, wave caps, knitted hats, etc. These must be placed out of sight upon entering the building.
- Exceptions will be made only for religious or medical reasons. These exceptions must be approved by an administrator or the school nurse.
- For safety reasons, students must wear only closed-toe shoes.
- Slippers, flip flops, sandals, house shoes, and slides should not be worn at any time while on campus.
- All students must wear clear or mesh backpacks to campus.
- Solid backpacks are not allowed in the building.
Warning: Infractions of the dress code are subject to discipline consequences as outlined in the HISD (Houston Independent School District) Student Code of Conduct.
The dress code is subject to change, without notice, at the discretion of the school administration.