Our School History:
This school, built in 1958, was named for the first poet laureate of Texas. Judd Mortimer Lewis came to Houston from his native New York and in 1900 joined the staff of the Houston Post, where he remained for 45 years. His poetry reflected a love of children, and the school named for him. Lewis serves students in grades 1st and 5th.