The application timeline for Magnet programs is split into three phases.
|Phase 1 (September 30, 2016 - December 09, 2016) -- Completed
Phase 2 (December 10, 2016 - May 31, 2016)
- If you reapply to a school at which your application was Dropped/Released, your application will be considered in Phase 2 and the submitted date will be the date you reapplied.
- After all applications in Phase 1 have been processed, eligible students who meet the qualifications for the program to which they are applying, will be considered in the order in which their application was submitted (online or on paper).
- Any applications for students who live outside the HISD boundaries will not be considered until Phase 3, even if the application was submitted during Phase 2.
- All applications for students who live inside the HISD boundaries or for the children of active HISD employees who live outside the boundaries will be considered.
Phase 3 (May 31, 2017 - August 11, 2017)
- Applications from eligible HISD-resident students will be considered first.
- When no further eligible HISD-resident student applications remain, out of district eligible students will be considered in the order in which they submitted their applications.
For Magnet-only programs (schools that do not have an attendance zone) out of district magnet transfers must be approved by the superintendent of schools.
The applications you have submitted are listed below in the order you ranked them. IMPORTANT – BEFORE YOU ACCEPT OR DECLINE A SEAT, be sure that you understand the “PHASE 1: IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS” at the top of this page.