Coach Scott’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Importance of Dance: Dance gives students the opportunity to socially interact with their peers and it provides a prosocial environment. Dance allows students to learn the importance of being physically active and it creates movement in the body that is healthy and beneficial to their physical fitness. The basic concepts of different dance genres that will be presented to the class will make the students more knowledgeable and aware of proper dance techniques and terminology.
- To learn self-discipline, self-confidence and dedication through dance using the body as an expressive instrument.
- To gain a clear understanding of how the body moves and the different relationship that occur throughout the body.
- Introduce the history of dance to make student more knowledgeable of different cultures and lifestyles.
- To explore different dance styles, including improvisation, jazz, ballet, modern, hip hop, line dancing as well as cultural dances.
- To develop a dance vocabulary.
- To increase rhythmic ability.
- The most important factor in this class is participation and a willingness to try with an open mind.
40% Daily Participation/Weekly Grades
Weekly Grades: You will receive 20 points per day of class which equals 100 points for the week. Points will be deducted for the following reasons:
- Not dressing out
- Not participating/sitting out
- No effort
- Coming to class late
Dressing Out: Students are expected to dress out daily in appropriate clothing, unless otherwise instructed. These points may not be made up. If you forget your clothes you will still dance that day.
- Tops: T-shirt or tank top within school dress code
- Bottoms: Dance pants, sweatpants, capris. (NO pajama pants, soffe shorts or basketball shorts)
- NO jewelry
- NO gum, food or drinks allowed in the dance room
- Students may wear jazz shoes or foot paws.
- Please invest in a pair of jazz shoes.
Attendance: Regular and punctual attendance is expected of each student. If a student is absent, it is their responsibility to figure out what they missed that day. We will be learning a great deal and your attendance is very important. One absence can affect your learning experience greatly.
- Be respectful
- Have a positive attitude
- Always give 100%
- NO profanity
- NO horseplay or running
- NO food, candy or drinks
- DO NOT leave the room without permission
- DO NOT sit down during instructional time unless specified.