Applying to Houston Community College
Greetings! This is the first step to taking Dual Credit classes at Milby High School. Please follow the directions below.
The application process is done entirely online. Here are the instructions. Instructions for HCC Application Instructions
Here are some very important notes.
- You must complete the application by April 25, 2022, to be eligible to take classes next school year.
- Only answer the required questions. They are indicated with a red asterisk (*).
- If you do not have a Social Security number, you can still apply. You will be assigned a "P" number. When you complete the process, HCC will provide you with this number. Keep it. You will need it later to verify your identity when they ask for a Social Security number.
- Use the email address you most commonly use. You will be sent a confirmation email to complete the application. (Not confirming by email is the top reason students do not successfully complete the process.
- Apply Texas will send you an email verifying your application. They will give you a six-digit application number. This is not your HCC ID number.
- Within a day or so, HCC will send you an email with your HCC ID number. It will start with a "W." Once you get that, email it to Mr. Ellis at email@example.com.
- Do not follow the list of instructions sent to you by HCC once you've been accepted. As a Dual Credit Student, you will follow the High School Dual Credit process.
Please email Mr. Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Students may also contact him through Teams chat. He is William Ellis, Graduation Coach.