Applying to Houston Community College
Greetings! This is the first step to taking Dual Credit classes at Milby High School. Please follow the directions below.
The application process is done entirely online. Here are the instructions. HCC APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Here are some very important notes.
- The attached instructions are from HCC. Please, follow the instructions closely. Remember, you are applying as a Dual Credit student who is not paying tuition. Many of the application questions are meant to determine how much you pay for tuition. You are not paying and HCC's instructions are intended to make the process as simple as possible.
- Only answer the required questions. They are indicated with red print.
- If you do not have a Social Security number, you can still apply. You will be assigned a "P" number. When you complete the process, HCC will provide you with this number. Keep it. You will need it later to verify your identity when they ask for a Social Security number.
- Use the email address you most commonly use. You will be sent a confirmation email to complete the application. (Not confiming by email is the top reason students do not successfully complete the process.
- Apply Texas will send you an email verifying your application. They will give you a six digit application number. This is not your HCC ID number.
- Within a day or so, HCC will send you an email with your HCC ID number. It will start with a "W." Once you get that, email it to Mr. Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not follow the list of instructions sent to you by HCC once you've been accepted. As a Dual Credit Student you will follow the High School Dual Credit process.
Please email Mr. Ellis at email@example.com with any questions. You may also text him at 713-234-6438.