Mrs. Savala, Patricia 2021-2022
Carnegie Vanguard High School
1501 Taft St. Houston TX. 77019
713-732-3690 firstname.lastname@example.org Room 209
This French III language course focuses on offering access and opportunity for all students to gain culturally authentic world language reading, writing, listening and speaking skills that students will need to become college and career ready in a 21st century global marketplace. The key to success in language learning is to immerse yourself in the language as much as you can. It is encouraged for students to make the use of French resources online and applications for learning as much as possible.
This course is intended to further the knowledge of the French language and French culture in particular with readings from history, art, literature etc.... We will be using a textbook in class as well as many ressorces online and other materials. Special emphasis will be placed on oral communication in French.
Attendance is essential for doing well in class. I will take attendance every day. You will be considered absent at the 15 minute mark on regular days and at the 30 minute mark on block days.
- The objectives will be written on the board for the day as well as other reminders.
- There will be an absentee section where the materials for the previous day will be placed. It is your responsibility to check!
- After the second bell you are considered late and tardiness will be documented.
- Cell phones are to be turned off and placed in the pockets provided on the wall.
- No food, gum or sweet drinks allowed. You may have water.
- Leave your seat with permission only.
You can go to the restroom in between activities and you must ask in French!!!
One ¾ inch spiral notebook and a folder for handouts.
DAILY WORK 25%
I am very enthusiastic about teaching you and making this experience enriching and pleasant for all of us. In return I am asking that you come prepared to class and ready to learn. Please feel free to contact me with any issue that may arise.