CVHS Retake Policy
In accordance with Senate Bill 2033 Carnegie Vanguard abides by the following retake policy:
revised August 2014
- Not to exceed 2 retakes per grading cycle
- Maximum retake score is 70, (score of 70 to 100 = 70)
- The highest grade between the original and the retake is counted.
- The student, not the parent, must request the retake in writing (per teacher procedure in class syllabus)
- Student must request the retake within 24 hours and complete the retake within one week of grade posted
- Retakes are for in-class assessments, such as quizzes and/or tests only. A reading quiz (reading check) is an extension of homework and is not eligible for a retake.
- Student must fill out a retake form and complete the required remediation as listed on the form.
- If there are multiple retakes in the same day, it is the student’s responsibility to reschedule with the teacher in advance
- No shows counts as a taken retake
- Final Exams are not eligible
- Missing assignments fall under teacher’s late policy not campus retake policy.
Contact Information: Name: Juan Garner Tel: (713) 732-3690 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org