WORLD LANGUAGES DEPARTMENT
Please click on the instructors name to the left for more information.HSPVA currently offers the following World Language courses:Spanish 1
French 3 Pre-AP
Spanish 3 Pre-AP
Spanish 4 AP
World Languages Department at HSPVA implements the HISD curriculum to:
Our Department Goals are to assist and encourage World Language students to learn and use the target language in a contextualized and meaningful way by:
- Support college bound/career ready culture;
- Ensure ALL students have access to essential learning
- Create a learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active learning and mutual respect
- Ensure ALL students know how to access and use the language and its cultural resources within and beyond the school setting.
- Engaging them in authentic learning experiences;
- Emphasizing concept/skills based learning;
- Developing creativity, imagination, and innovation;
- Preparing students for performance/contests; and
- Differentiating for individual learning styles.
World Language classroom activities at HSPVA include:
- Products and performances in the target language;
- More student centered activities;
- Learning through language vs. learning about it;
- Using the language in authentic and contextualized ways;
- Importance of communication and meaning; and
- Use of Technology resources.