Welcome to CVHS! And thank you for your interest in our
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
SEPTEMBER 22, 2017 - DECEMBER 8,
1) HOW TO APPLY:
- For explanation on how to navigate the online application, please click here.
2) MAKE SURE YOU RANK YOUR PROSPECTIVE SCHOOLS VERY CAREFULLY!
- See explanation on the “new
ranking system” page.
- We offer CVHS magnet tours every Thursday
starting October 5 until December 7, 2017 from 1 PM until
3 3) WHAT DO
YOU NEED WHEN YOU APPLY
If already HISD GT identified
If not identified GT by HISD
Apply online and SUBMIT
the application before the
- Apply online before the deadline
- Schedule your test dates for
the IOWA and CogAT 7.(Test scheduling will be explained on the application itself)
- Supply/upload the required
documentations (specific teacher recommendation form and last year's report
- Students who require
testing and apply by paper will be contacted by our office to schedule the
- For students who must
test or provide test results, the HISD matrix is used to determine Gifted and
Talented (GT) eligibility
- The completed application with all required documents must be submitted
by December 8, 2017 for guaranteed consideration in the first round.
- If you are selected
to attend, you will need to turn in a current proof of residency with your
- Notification of
acceptance occurs at the end of March.
- During registration,
you will also be requested to turn in a current proof of residency.
- Registration for
newly accepted students typically happens during the summer.
- If you move prior to
notification in late March or at any time after acceptance, we will
request a current proof of residency.
- CVHS falls under "Separate and Unique
School" (SUS) guidelines, and, as such, we are required to only admit
students who live within HISD boundaries. We regularly conduct
investigations to ensure that our applicants, as well as our current students,
are in compliance with the SUS residency guidelines.
Magnet Coordinator: Rosalyn T. Webb
Magnet Clerk: Margarita Aguirre