Welcome to Roberts Elementary!
Students may register for Kindergarten through 5th grade throughout the school year depending on space availability (Roberts does not offer Pre-K). Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis with all completed registration information. HISD does not allow schools to hold spaces for new incoming students. Your registration forms are not processed until all documents have been received. You must have everything with you on the
day of registration. State Law requires all children to be 5 on or before September 1st in order to enroll in Kindergarten.
The office is open for 2017-2018 enrollment.
Appointments are not necessary. Enrollment is on a first serve basis.
Please note you must bring in all required documents during registration. Incomplete or partial documents will not be accepted. Documents may not be emailed to complete registration.
For questions, please contact the Registrar's Office 713-295-5272 Tel or Email
Registration Check List
- Residence is zoned to Roberts Elementary. Use the Find Your School tool here.
- Student will be enrolling in Kindergarten-5th Grade. Roberts does not offer Pre-K.
- Students enrolling in Kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st in the year of enrollment. This is a State Law and there are no exceptions to this law.
- Current Proof of Address. Each of the following documents is required as proof of an address in the Roberts Elementary attendance zone (alternative billing statements may be submitted for gas +/- water bills if not applicable - a total of 4 billing statements is required):
- Electric Bill in the name of the parent with whom the student resides
- Gas Bill in the name of the parent with whom the student resides
- Telephone/Cell Phone Bill most current bill with name and address of residents
- Water Bill in the name of the parent with whom the student resides
- Fully Executed Lease Agreement (if applicable); If you are currently leasing a home or apartment the lease must list all occupants living in the home including all children. Please bring the entire typed lease agreement. All lease agreements are subject to verification. Also required is a receipt showing your current month's paid rent.
- Harris County Appraisal District (HCAD) statement showing Homestead Exemption for current year or Warranty Deed if you recently purchased your home. If you are purchasing a home in the school zone, bring a signed contract with a closing date within thirty days. Final closing documents must be submitted to the school and you must be living in the residence before the school year begins.
- Current driver's
license of the same parent showing the same address as the required
documentation above. International
families must provide a current passport as identification.
Security card (optional - requested if student has SS#)
- In cases of divorced parents, the legal court decree showing custody of
the child is required – Roberts Elementary requires an original stamped
document signed by the judge.
- Students enrolling in First through Fifth
grades need the last report card or
checkout sheet from the previous school and the address of previous school so that complete records can be
requested. All international records must be translated and certified by the school or Consulate.
* ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED.
* COPIES WILL BE MADE AND ORIGINALS WILL BE RETURNED.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE CONTACT THE REGISTRAR AT 713-295-5272.