Mandatory auditions will be handled via ACCEPTD after you have submitted your application.
You will be able to upload the required pieces via the platform upon receipt of an email from Arlice Young.
Please be aware that acceptance into our Music program requires some
after school and weekend practice and performances.
***Phase III Applicants (if you applied between March 11 and August 2022) will only do Part 1 of the Audition Requirements outlined below unless requested otherwise. ***
Upload a video-recording of yourself performing two solos from different periods (Baroque, Classical, Romantic, 20th Century, Popular, etc.) and 3 major scales in 2 or more octaves. Additionally, you may also choose to answer the questions below:
- Why are you applying for the Instrumental Music program at Westbury High School?
- What other reasons do you have for wanting to attend Westbury High School?
- How would you describe yourself as a student?
- What role does music play in your life?
- What are 2-3 personal interests/ hobbies? What makes you enjoy these?
- Who is a favorite music artist of yours and why?
- Conclude with why you should be accepted into our program and any other information you would like for us to know about you.
Students must provide their own instrument during the audition. We recommend asking your Middle School or local instrumental rental location to allow you to do your recording on-site or borrow a keyboard. Should there be absolutely no way to do this, please upload a video of yourself thoroughly answering the questions above.
Part 2 - Call Back (only upon invitation):
- Interview with Piano Instructor
- Be prepared to sight read a simple selection using Solfege.
Call Back Session Length:
We are happy to accept students of all experience levels. We ask that you please come prepared and display a commitment to your participation in the audition process and in the Westbury HS Magnet Program.